Saturday, May 05, 2007

More haiku

Unfortunately went a little backwards on weight for a while. Thursday afternoon I took on an ever so slight fever - seems like 3 or 4 months ago that 100 degrees would have barely slowed me down but this particular episode sucked. And by the time weigh-in came the next morning, I had to start all over on my weight. So I ate like there was no tomorrow on Friday and got back on the Half-Pound-A-Day train.

Also took a shower for the first time since the 18th. How great was that! No more sponge bath.

The following three Haikus were written for Vicki. I wrote them in time order of our illnesses. Vicki got sick first, and I was holding off doing anything about myself hoping that she'd get all fixed up first. Then when I started turning yellow..........well, you'll get the idea.

Trade sympathy pains;
24 year partnership.
Who's sickest? I win!

And in the lead up to the all the decisions and plans for the surgery and recovery.

War of strength and fear,
plan for worst, hope for the best.
roller coaster ride.

And during my stay.

Have you washed your hands?
My number 1 advocate,
tireless guardian.


My brother Mike from Florida left this morning (first time without an out of town brother in 3 weeks- feels weird). He stayed with one of my in town brothers and enjoyed taking walks with Jay and the four legged. He left this one.

Going for a walk
Four balls of furry lightning
eat the hill for lunch.


Thanks for checking in,

John


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Warm wishes for John
In the prayers of many
Healthy days to come

Appetite Stronger
Getting better day by day
Chicken for Big Man

First shower this month
What refreshing warm water
See ya rough bath sponge