Saturday, January 17, 2009

It IS a New Year.

I had some great news about my friend Karen - 2 years into her cancer following some surgery and lots of radiation, a clean MRI. How fantastic is that a way to kick off the year!

My CT scan shows a lot of unremarkable stuff. Which is great. There was some other discussion that had even more syllables per word, but Chemo Kaufman says that they are a 'natural' result of having surgery and chemo and radiation, and not to be too concerned about it.

My blood tests are headed in the right direction - not perfect but headed there. More great news.

I did try to give Kaufman a hard time about the side affects I've been experiencing. He pretty much told me to get over it - we have abused my body a little in our treatment choices and I just might have to put up with things for a while. Funny thing is that the very next day my guts started feeling better than they have in a month. I had regained a few pounds that I had lost over this last treatment.

We've scheduled blood tests in 6 weeks and another scan in 3 months.

I'm working on getting more stamina and getting stronger every day. For now, there is no waiting for anything to happen and I just get to LIVE for a little while. This family is looking forward to a few weeks of not thinking too much about cancer and letting life be good. Every day is a blessing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news John, you all deserve a break.

Rick and Crystal said...

Thats great cant wait to see you again me and rk need to go to the ice creamry how much r u working there and when. You should see Kyle he is huge. He is eating for you.

Anonymous said...

Great news John. Glad to hear things are getting a little better. Send Vicki our best.