Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chasing down a Zebra?

Greetings.

For the first time since last Wednesday, my Dad and I got a full four hours of completely uninterrupted sleep. What a treat. Our night nurse was a good one and she took care of everything we needed and for the most part, let us sleep. Around 4:00 am, my Dad woke up talking about some crazy dream and saying that after that good sleep, he felt ready to go out and chase down a zebra for a nice juicy steak. I don't know what Zebra steak tastes like but that's what he wanted. I can't imagine that Uncle Morpheus had nothing to do with that.

On the subject of eating, as you are already informed by my mother, my Dad had his first meal in seven days! CK Chang came in and said that he was ready and if he holds down this food well, with no complaints and no nausea, the NG tube would be coming out by the end of the night. What a blessing that would be! After his breakfast of chicken broth, apple juice and awful tasting jello, he laid in bed and reported feeling full and empty at the same time. After fasting for seven days, and after taking out a piece of his stomach, I can't even imagine what that must feel like.

So things are looking up for Papa and that is just refreshing. I am happy to just be on the same planet as him and now I am overjoyed that his time on this planet is starting to be more enjoyable for him.

I do want to say some special thanks to the students and staff at the ROCK. I've always suspected that I had a great group of friends to call my family and that I could count on them no matter what. That suspicion as been proved true beyond what I could have ever imagined. The kindness and the love that has been lavished upon me and my family is simply overwhelming and one of the best gifts I could ever wish for. I love them all.

More will come as great things begin to develop.

Peace.
T

No comments: