Friday, April 27, 2007

From Vicki - HE IS SPRUNG!

From Brother Steve:

HE IS SPRUNG!

Details to follow, driving to the house now.

Clothed and dignified
Smiles all around, Chang is King
West wind takes us home


The Cosgrove Brothers have a thing with Haiku. It's a beautiful thing.

I've been running around, trying to get John a bed, get Elliot to the Dr for his poison oak (it's really horrendous), getting things picked up and ready for arrival and making sure everything is coordinated with picking up brother Michael. I might say TGIF, but mostly I'm thinking TGHCH (thank goodness he's coming home). Now we can think about how to fatten up his battered, bony body (he weighed 153 this morning) and build his strength in a larger venue than that little hospital room. Not to mention doing away with the 30 minute drive every time we want to see him or come home.

I should say that I think that Kaiser Walnut Creek absolutely is DA BOMB. John had a private room the entire time he was there, with enough room for Taryn to have a little bed in the corner and a private bathroom. The nurses were, for the most part, extremely attentive and almost always available for any call. Of course I wasn't there 24/7, and Taryn might have issues with the previous statement, but from what I could see, I thought everyone there was fabulous, and hell, they saved my husbands life so at this moment I see not one thing to complain about.

Still no report from pathology and we are all working to manage our expectations about what will come after this initial healing phase. As always, we will continue to hope for the very best outcome possible.

Today, special thanks are to Kaiser Walnut Creek for all the reasons mentioned above and mostly to Dr CK Chang. He made this happen so fast that it really has been like a tsunami, and we are grateful for that.

With love and gratitude to everyone reading
Vicki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They changed the Haiku completly from yesterday! Oh well, I do like that one :)

And I am sure David Street has missed John, and I'm sure John missed David Street! Happy healing home :)

I will be by for a visit, love you all!