Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Some relief

One of the problems I know I keep mentioning is the itching that John feels all the time over every inch of his body. If it's got skin on it, it itches. This has caused quite a few sleepless nights for him and in these days before the surgery, it would have been really nice if he could have gotten some rest.

I think we found a partial solution last nite. The Dr gave him permission to take some benadryl and after doing just a cursory research on the internets, I found that colloidal oatmeal could help. I ran to the drug store at midnight last nite and found some Aveeno Bath that is 100% colloidal oatmeal for John to bathe in.

We are so happy today that this combination seems to have helped some. John stayed in bed all night, even tho he was awake for some of the night. He said it calmed the psychotic-ness of the itching and allowed him a little sleep. It was good to wake up and not find him on the couch or doing some other thing this morning.

We think maybe 2 envelopes of the oatmeal will work twice as good. It's worth a try.

Our thoughts also go out to the victims of the Virginia Tech shooting massacre today. It's hard to imagine what that horror might be like for those families and it definitely is one of those things that puts life & death into perspective. I wish them all.....

Peace, love & hope
Vicki

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello - this is matty from first baptist - the tall goofy looking Jr High pastor who you see sometimes at peets coffee. I just heard about all of this and I don't know what to say that wouldn't sound like a barren platitude. So, for what it's worth I am praying dillegently for you and yours and if you need something - call me at anytime - for anything. I mean that. 510-303-3100

Vicki said...

Hey Matt,

Just give Elliot lots of love and that will be the best possible thing.

Thanks so much for checking in on us.

Vicki