Friday, April 06, 2007

Surgery Date is set

I will write more about this and about managing expectations tommorrow. Tonite I'm going to help write people's names on hand made chocolate easter eggs at the Ice Creamery because I'm sure business will be brisk and they'll need all the help they can get.

The surgery is set tho. John will go in for pre-op consultation on April 17th in the morning and the surgery will be on April 18th. It will be a very long day. 6-8 hours on the operating table in Walnut Creek. I will likely be there the entire day and anyone who wants to visit, take me out for coffee, hold my hand, or anything of that sort is certainly welcome to come by.

More tomorrow.
Vicki

2 comments:

Emily Duffy said...

Hi Vicki,

Thanks for setting this blog up, it will make it easier for you to send out info.

I wanted to tell you about a really helpful book I read before my own surgery:

How To Survive Your Hospital Stay
by Gail Van Kanegan & Michael Boyette. They have it at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Survive-Your-Hospital-Stay-Need/dp/0743233190

Anonymous said...

Vicki,

Thoughts & prayers are with you both. John's lucky to have someone as strong as you by his side.

- Will