Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Stent is In

We got a call yesterday that told John that he would be first in the procedure room rather than second, so today we had to be there at 11:30. Check in was normal. It was the first time we'd been charged anything for a co-pay at Kaiser, so going forward, we are going to be very very thankful for all those that have decide to help. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like for a 14 day in patient stay. Yikes! But THANK YOU!!!! We are feeling alot more like we are going to keep our house these days. YAY!

We were in the hospital today from 11:30 till 5PM. There is check in, then a waiting room, then pre-op, then waiting there, then to the procedure, then waiting there, then recovery, then waiting there. Waiting waiting waiting. I got an incredible amount of knitting done. Knitting is good. It keeps my mind off of unpleasant things and it's a little like meditation for me. I'm knitting peace signs at the moment (and probably will till the troops are brought home...kind of my prayer for peace you might say).

John is doing ok. We saw the picture of the stent and you could see a little of the yellowness escaping from its prison which is a good thing. The Dr said it went better than he thought it would, altho I'm not sure John understands what that means at the moment. His belly hurts. He can tell they were in there and doing something. The good thing is, he's been sleeping since he got home. He's also eaten some wonderful chicken soup, made by James the cook at the Creamery. That made him feel much better.

The itching is not going to be over immediately. It will subside a little bit each day, but it can't happen fast enough for John. Understandably, he's feeling a little cranky and not much up for talking to anyone (me included I think). I hope he feels better tomorrow.

Neither one of us are much for being fussed over when we're not feeling well. You'd think I could understand that and just leave him alone, but it's difficult to do when all you want is to make everything feel better. It's only the beginning of finding the patience to get thru all this, for both John and me. But one step in alleviating the awful symtoms is done. Keep your fingers crossed that it helps...and fast.

Over n out
Vicki

No comments: