Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Let the Healing Begin!!

Everyone,

The good news is all. The surgery is done. The surgeon found no other signs of cancer any where else. John has been stitched back together and he is doing well. The surgery took 4.5 hours and C.K. Chang says it might have been even a little bit shorter if John's pancreas had not still been quite enflamed from the pancratits. But they worked around it, the tumor is going to pathology and we will know more about the status of the cancer when that gets back to us.

They saw NOTHING tho and the report is very very positive, as we hoped it would be. The news just could NOT BE BETTER!!!

We have suffered a long string of bad luck recently. I have told John that it would all be worth it if the final outcome was the GOOD luck. That has happened. We are so very grateful and happy right now.

My friends Marie and Jody are here and have been with me most of the morning. My Dad came and sat with us most of the morning as well. It was so great to share the good news with them and I will never forget them for being here for us. Looking forward to seeing Martha and Penny any moment.

Pat is standing watch at the hospital while us girls are at the coffee house tapping in to the hotspot.

THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your good thoughts and ju-ju and prayers and whatever else ya'll were sending our way. IT WORKED!!!

Peace, Love, Gratitude and HOPE!
Vicki

8 comments:

A Progressive Alamedan said...

Vicki I am so happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!

- Dan

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki,

Wonderful, wonderful news! Jordy is wagging his tail!!!

Love,

Susan

Anonymous said...

With all the hope I could muster I checked in the blog...YES!

Breathe....yes, let the healing begin.

Stay courageous...share the shoulders that surround you.

Anonymous said...

SUCH great news, Vicki. Thousands of virtual hugs headed your way -- yipppeeee!

Wow, between this and the news breaking of the FBI raid on corrupt Johnny Doolittle's house, I'm all verklempt today.

But livid as hell over the supreme court ruling. What the f*** business is it of theirs getting involved between my wife and my wife's doctor? AAAARRRGGGHHHH.

But congratulations, Vicki & John...

Anonymous said...

Great new...thanks be to God!

Judy

Unknown said...

Hi Vicki...you don't know me, but I'm a regular at the Ice Creamery and just heard the news tonight about John. Z told me to check out your blog, so here I am. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'd love to come by and visit, but only if you and John are up to company.

John - I don't come in for a couple of weeks and this is what you do? Sheesh! Okay, okay, I give, I'll come back more often! Get back to work, would ya? :)

HUGS!
Kris Watanabe
(John will probably recognize me and my kids at my blog - www.themommymemos.com)

CalifSherry said...

Hi Dear,
I saw Martha last night, who was brimming with the good news and affection for you and John.

We're both looking forward to spending some time with you in pursuit of our Special Project... and now that I know Which Martha you were mentioning - it managed to go right over my head - I'm looking forward to it all the more.

Anonymous said...

That Jordy, our Campaign Canine, is wagging his tail will work for me as well. Great news! Keep me/us posted.