Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hopes for a better day

Hi everyone, Since I still haven't left for the hospital, I thought I'd take a moment to let you know that all reports from Taryn sound very good for today. Drainage from the surgery seems to be going much better and other bodily functions seem to be normalizing to some degree. John is still due to recieve another unit of blood today, and they will continue that if needed.

Taryn said they both slept pretty well last nite and I could hear John talking in the background, which tells me that he must be feeling somewhat better. Brothers Pat & Steve are on their way to relieve Taryn for a while and I'll be there shortly too.

Yesterday John was taking no visitors and there was a big DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door to keep hospital staff out unless needed. That was a big help and I suspect that we are going to continue that for at least a couple of days. John cannot spend any energy on anything except healing right now, so if you plan to come to the hospital, please be mindful that you might only get to see me. I'm always up for anything tho, as you might know. =)

Special thanks today to all those that send prayers. I know many that read this blog "pray like crazy" (like my friend Karen says) and we are grateful for them. Special thanks also to Mary McNerney for taking the bold move of coming to visit me in a time of need. It was great to see you and I thank you for doing it. The flowers are still looking beautiful.

Over n out to the hospital.
Gratitude, hope, peace and love to you all.
Vicki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One day at a time...that's all you can hope for. Each day, I hope, brings better news.

Stay strong...it's good you have others to lean on.