Thursday, April 26, 2007

From Taryn - From the Pope Himself.

I finally feel well enough to post. What a wild rollercoaster ride this has been – reminding me that despite my current roaring hunger, joie de vive, and joyful disregard of what can most kindly be termed ‘hospital hair’, there may be a downturn coming – or not (managing my expectations). It was less than 40 days ago that I went to the doctor complaining about my loss of weight and appetite, and here I am (down another 10 or 12 pounds) preparing for another transition. What an incredible joy to really consider further into the future than the next change of drugs, nurses, pains, fear, or what new indignity they have planned for my battered body.

I know that Vicki has said it a million times for all of us, and Taryn has added her own, but now for my thanks. I feel like I’m on some wild tsunami flood of love and good wishes and prayers from here to Nebraska and Colorado and Illinois and Virginia and so many other places, offers and deliveries of words and flowers and cards and food (for everyone but me) and hugs and quiet unassuming company and pitching in. On the few occasions I thought to ask Vicki about one thing or another the incredible relief of hearing that ‘you don’t have to worry about anything other than getting well, __________ is taking care of that’. And fill in the blank with your name – If you care enough to be reading this, you’ve done something for me and mine that I won’t forget.

And now, I think its time for a nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just heard of this blog. You are in prayers my friend.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you, John! You are in the midst of the biggest project of your life. Sometimes start to finish takes longer than you'd like. Be patient with yourself. It's true, so much is going on with and to your body and you are just along for the ride. Hang on tight, buddy! You're in my prayers daily. Judy